Saturday, December 23, 2017

Winter Solstice & USR at Kanjiao Elementary School 崁腳國小

Yesterday was occupied whole day. And it was a sunny day for a winter solstice 冬至,we cina of course would celebrate it, with eating Tang Yuan (rice dumpling?)

Sunny and hot ~

The International Exchange Center (IEC) was sweet enough to organize a lunch gathering for the Foreign Students, they also organized a Tang Yuan making activity for us. It was the first time for me making this stuff, I've been buying those ready-made from stores. Making it was kinda fun, but I lost interest after making two, probably not in the mood. 



Those from fine art department could really make some pretty Tang Yuan.
They're probably from the ceramic art society.

Two handmade + One stolen + Red bean soup

Really sibeh nice weather

Then at night, I went to Kanjiao Elementary School (Near Keelung) along with my IMCCI classmates for the University Social Responsibility (USR) thingy. We were suppose to play a few christmas tunes for the kids, for their end year or christmas celebration event I think. 

It was a long journey, about 1 and half hour drive from TNUA.


The organisers are generous enough to offer us a big bento and soup

Some kids playing violin

Some kids dancing

Some kid ready for to play his clarinet

Ok I guess that's all for now. I know this post is written in a shitty and lazy, have been very inactive in writing blog, picking it up as regular ain't easy.

I'll make an effort to keep writing more entries!

Happy Winter Solstice. 冬至快樂~

No comments: