Sunday, August 26, 2007

ya.. today went to MPYO inaugaral Gala concert.. MPYO, Malaysian Philharmonic Youth Orchestra, an orchestra formed to give chances to the local youths to participate into orchestra program.. some of my friends and classmates joined, it seems really fun !!!

It's their first concert, conduct and lead by Kevin Field.. I reached there 10 minutes before the concert, phew, luckily I got it in time, thanks to the girls, we're almost late, the worst thing is, I haven't take my breakfast nor lunch yet, woke up quite late, I wash my car in a hurry(it's too dusty) and myself and quickly rush for the concert..

The concert started with RIA, composed by Adeline Wong, I don't know what piece is that.. then followed by Schubert's unfinished symphony, a composer who lived in poverty, and he would became very famous only if his unfinished symphony was taken out from the old dusty cupboard, sadly, it happens only after he pass away, and that made him famous till now... Tchaikovsky's string elergie was the next song, and finally ended by Saint saens's Danse bacchanale, quite a fierce song, hehe..

Intermission time, I went out and meet up with some of my friends, surprisingly saw Benedict, from 1st KL BB wan, haha, didn't know I would saw a BB boy there XD.. Then the performers, college friends, blah blah blah, but none of them are my friends in the past before I turns 18.. It looks like I have a new peer and moving on to a new life without realizing it..

The second half of the concert is the Rimsky-Korsakov’s “Scheherazade.” 4 movements in total.. well, Russian composer style, all you can heard is the main melody being repeated throughout the movement, but, it's not dull, it's not boring, and it has violin solo, oboe solo, clarinet solo, basoon solo, horn solo etc etc throughout the whole piece.. hehe..

ahh .. anyway.. I left as soon as the concert ends, damn hungry, send my friends home, eat dinner, practise a while, then I go home, made this entry.. going out to yum cha with a UTAR friend later, months we never met !!

No comments: