Monday, October 27, 2008

Yeu Yeu FM

this is such a creative name I gave to my own radio station..

yes, tonight, I did an online music radio station broadcasting, and I'm the DJ of the night, whahahaah..

It was initiated by my lecturer Ms Ang, she asked if anyone would interested in creating online radio station, I thought it would be fun, so I joined the program.

Well, it was fun, initially, it is not.. When you talk about online radio station, of course you have to online, but the problem is, I'm staying outside so I've no access even to my own computer.. I couldn't start my work until the last day I got back home, I started to work on it on early morning..

It was real tough at the beginning.. I squeezed and cracked my head figuring out what kind of program I should do, listened to tons of music trying to find the right music, trying to write a nice script for what a DJ should say, doing soundcheck and recording over and over again, and this had took me whole day.. (in the middle, I took some break, I went swimming, hahaha)

I finish all my stuff 5 minutes before the broadcast launched, on 9pm.. Unfortunately my lecturer couldn't make home on time so we had to delay the broadcast. The broadcast didnt really went smoothly.. through this experience, I found out several weak points..

1. I have to use low bitrate quality, cuz my audience can't enjoy high speed connections..
2. only up to 5 users can connect to my pc at one time (b4 this I sent out link like crazy... )
3. I spelt sonata as nasota !!!! (in mandarin, reversed)

but overall, my audience enjoy it, haha, cuz this is rare even for them.. DJ Yeu.. woa, you can't imagine it.. haha.. Listening to my own broadcast, I'm sounded like dull cow.. aiks.. mooooo ~ ~ perhaps next time I must speak more lively..

haha, and lastly, the program ended with a typical Malaysian style. Because it is nearly 12, so I announced and played the national anthem for my fellow audience.. below is the lyrics..

Negaraku,
Tanah tumpahnya darahku,
Rakyat hidup,
Bersatu dan maju....
Rahmat bahagia,
Tuhan kurniakan...
Raja Kita,
Selamat bertakhta..

It was a great night and experience, I hoped you guyz enjoyed it.. haha, gud nitez ~

No comments: