Sunday, June 08, 2008

Asia Music Competition Winners' Concert

It was nice Saturday evening..

Drove all the way to Klang SGM to watch this concert, organized by Japan Music Council, M'sian Inst' of Arts and SGM Selangor, it was an awesome night..

Went to Klang with LC, go Klang of coz eat Bak Kut Teh, we planned to do that, so I purposely depart at 5pm although the concert starts at 7.30pm, I reached earlier than I expected, at the time of 6pm..

Unfortunately, I was caught in the ultra-traffic jam, because of the major road that leads into the town is under renovation.. The worst is yet to come, the map which I referred to has slight mistake on it, I drove rounds around in the town, have no sense of where am I being, we actually wasted nearly an hour till 7pm only able to find out the Klang SGM.. It was way much easier and faster if I used Kesas instead of Federal.. In that long period of time, both of us almost dead in the car, either by laughing, sighing, crying or just sitting..

Resulted, instead of trying to find some nice Bak Kut Teh to eat, we're rushing of time, we had our dinner buying stuffs from SEVEN-ELEVEN.. That's our worst dinner ever.. I can't believe it, dressing up smartly to attend a cool concert, just to dine at 7-11 before the event.. I guess that's a memorable experience for us..

and then we reached, 2 1/2 hours in the car, the first thing is we find toilet to settle emergency first.. Then go inside, I saw my friends that is going to perform later, the Wind Octet.. We just sit there chat and waited for the concert to start.. And then it started, with 3 young Jap kids performs first, talented and prodigious, performing some classical works and some works by the Prof. Masami Unno.. and vocal performance by Megumi-chan, a mezzo-sopranist which sings on Prof. Masami Unno's work and trying so hard to sings Mandarin words, I hardly understands them XD.. then another vocal performance by Mr Ian Tan, Malaysian Tenor vocalist..

then ends the more entertaining first half of the event..

proceed to the 2nd half, it is started by the MIA Wind Octets, they played Nabucco overture by G.Verdi and La Clementi tito blah blah blah by Mozart, hmm, the acoustic of the hall must be quite bad for wind players, I finds them hard to communicate with each other in their music.. Then continue with another 4 adult Japanese pianist, their performances are much mature than the kids, much longer, and I'm abit bored because the pieces are very long.. But I certainly impressed and fascinated with the agility, entirely memory work, and the endurance they showed.. Their life must be "torturing", started to learn piano at the youngest age of 3, and under training to be concert pianist since 10++.. gila sial.. I'm legal 21 this year, but what am I doing ?

After the concert ends, I drove LC home and SM as well since she stays in Kajang, near my house, but this trip definitely cost me alot on petrol.. Cash flows away as I drove more than 100km just for that day..

No comments: