Monday, December 22, 2008

LOTR concert

went to perform in the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra show @KLCC for the Lord Of The Rings concert..

I joined the choir under the name of Young KL Singers instead of Malaysian Inst. of Arts...
Haha, overall, good experience but not so good memory afterall...

Justin, the baritone soloist, used to be my BB junior, well, we're both ex-bb member, haha..

my new friend, i forgot his name, crap... =S

We sang pretty OK, very bad in the beginning but gradually improved each performance, but not up to standard yet.. even my friend commented, the choir is ma ma dei oni, aiks..
I couldn't blame it.. Although I'm a musician, but I'm not good in choir this kind of stuff.. Then, for all these 4 months the rehearsals and training we get, were sort of different with the way we can rehearse with the orchestra..

we only have 2 practises with the orchestra accompaniment before the show, so rush..

during rehearsal


during rehearsal

Several reasons like,

1. we only practised with piano for all these months, members are not used to listen to orchestra..

2. we're doing full movements, not part by parts, sitting there counting rests and beats stunts most of the member.

3. biggest problem of all, we're not used to the way the conductors conduct, it changes all the time..

4. another big problem, the way orchestra follow the conductor is different with us, both side wasn't wrong, but technically different, aiks, we always make sounds earlier than the orchestra..

5. pitching, oh well, always, as usual..

my semester juniors.. all veli 3 8 wan..

uhh.. new friend from YKLS, surprisingly she's oso a bb member, haha.. small world..

I gave all out during the performances, and I got my throat injured I guess, I got sore throat, and I wonder will I lose my voice after this, wooo ..

Parts like going up to high F sharp and as low to lowest D is definitely not within my range, and I need to do it at the dynamics of fortesisimo(fff), and that took me out.. I wouldn't wanna involve in such gila stuff anymore..

stupid pose..

the pics above are taken at the end of the performance, and few of them only..
oh well, again, this is a great experience afterall =)

No comments: